Have you ever been tired of switching on WiFi tethering manually when your smartphone connects to your in-dash car handsfree unit via Bluetooth. This App brings the solution, the missing Android feature.
This App will start the WiFi hot spot of your mobile automatically as soon as it gets connected via Bluetooth to your in-dash car unit (or any other Bluetooth device).
*** Please test the free version with your device before purchase ***
- Automatically starts WiFi hot spot when connecting to a Bluetooth device
- WiFi state will always be restored automatically after Bluetooth disconnect
- Start selected Apps with the hot spot (basically means, start specific apps like radar warners everytime you enter your car and bluetooth connects to the handsfree unit)
- Several setup options like shutdown bluetooth at disconnect, select specific bluetooth devices only, ignore Bluetooth LE connections
- Option added, to decide if hot spot should be started only, if device is charged
Just start the App once to set it up. After that it will run in the background doing the "work" for you.
Tested with the following devices (make / model / Android version):
Samsung / Galaxy Note 3 / Android 4.4.2
Motorola / Moto G / Android 4.4.4
HTC / One X+ / Android 4.2.2
Samsung / Galaxy Note 3 / Android 5.0
Sony / Z3 compact / Android 6.1
If you encounter problems with the app with your smartphone please send me an email. I will get back to you soon.
Hot Spot Starter is a free trial software application from the PIMS & Calendars subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-07-31. The program can be installed on Android.
Hot Spot Starter (version 1.7) has a file size of 1.05 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Hot Spot Starter since it was posted on our website on 2016-10-13.
The latest version is 1.7 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-03-20.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-07-31
- Sorry, last update had a serious compiling issue leading to an immediate App crash,- Fix to ignore Bluetooth LE Connections (if option "Specific devices only" is checked)